Example: Last year we thought we'd be a little tricky. We pawned Brenner off to his cousins and the two older kids slept over at friends houses. We told the kids we were going away to SLC for the evening and would be back the next day. What we really wanted to do was go out for a nice dinner, rent a couple movies and sneak back into the house and watch 'em without having to worry about chasing kids around the room. We specifically told the kids that the house was off limits while we were gone (i.e. we didn't want the kids playing with friends at the house while we were gone). We didn't even get 10 min into the first movie before Whitney and her friend wandered in. A half hour later Tyler came wandered back too... Oh it was very romantic evening. Not only did they hamper the ambiance of the evening, they showed that they are incapable of following simple instructions.
Not again said Jon! We decided to spend the weekend in Park City. We again pawned Brenner off at his cousins (thanks Charelle!). The two older progeny were given specific instructions of what was acceptable to do while we were gone and what wasn't. We'll never know if they obeyed, but the house wasn't burned down when we came home so it must not have been too bad. Charisse really wanted to do a little shopping, so she directed me to Main St.
Now you all have been on Main St in Park City right. We shopped and shopped, but in the end just couldn't bring ourselves to spend $500 on a lamp shade. Main St is a little out of our price range...
After walking around all day I was ready to sit for a while. We were going to go see a movie, but found out The Canyons was doing their summer concert series that night. I had never heard of Jason Isbell but it's live music and free... two of the things I like best. It was actually pretty good southern rock. Kind of an Alman Brother's Band meets Tom Petty kinda sound. Live music in the shade of the mountain is a nice way to spend an evening.
After the concert we went into Park City for dinner. We were trying to find Bangkok Thai but took a wrong turn on Main St and couldn't find it. We decided to try The Eating Establishment on the upper end of Main. It was pretty good but it gave me terrible gas the next day (but then again many things do that to me). We made it back to the hotel without issue and eventually fell asleep.
On Sunday we slept in and had a late breakfast. Then drove around Park City looking at some of the homes in the Home Show to, as Charisse told me, "get some ideas for finishing the basement". Hahahahaha, we better win the lotto! It wasn't a total bomb, Charisse did see a nifty way to store her laundry soap!
I had never been over Guardsman Pass (and Charisse didn't even know the road existed) so we decided to take it home. For the Charisse amongst you, it is a road that links Park City to Big Cottonwood Canyon near Brighton. It was a very nice drive with great views. We'll have to do that one again.
PS. I took a few other pictures that were AWESOME, but I think Charisse accidentally deleted them off the camera.
8 comments:
Sounds like fun. "Eventually went to sleep"? What were you doing?
I am so happy ya'll have a blog. (and yes I did say ya'll)
I love park city! Can we come next time?!;-)
We went up there for our anniversary over the Aug 15-17th weekend. Love that place!
That is so funny about your kids' ability to follow instructions. I guess when I get through the sleepless nights, I'll have THAT to look forward to! JODY
I think that sounds great!! Wish I could go to park city for our anniversary. All we do is decide which beach? and should we go ALL the way into Lihue for dinner or not?? You are so funny.. I love that YOU are the one doing the blog!! Love ya!
did you take naughty pictures or something? is that why she delaeted them? oh yes and I have never heard of that road either!
jon- its time to update the blog!
uhm.... I think it's time you updated your blog! c'mon now, don't get lazy on us! -- kim
JON-- Please update the blog! You aren't bored with it alreaady are you?
Post a Comment